We now have a major talking point in the World Cup. The refs in the the two early matches today have been awful. In the Germany - Serbia match, it seemed that every foul the Spanish ref called he felt it necessary to give out a yellow card. This is the World Cup, not La Liga. In doing so, he changed the outcome of the game when he gave Klose his second yellow card. At most, Klose maybe deserved one yellow for accumulation of fouls.
Then, the US "3rd goal" was nowhere close to being offside or even a foul whatever the call was. I could not tell since I was in a group setting and could not really hear the commentary. One, I do not think Bradley was offside to begin with and two, Bradley did not make the play on the ball so he was effectively not in an offside position. That was a bad call, but the US has got to ensure they are not in that position to begin with. The US has to do a better job of playing defense in the first 15 minutes. You cannot give up space in the center of midfield.
I will also admit that I am wrong on Torres. I really thought he would bring something, but his 1st half was awful.
No comments:
Post a Comment