During the Italy v New Zealand match, it was reported that the French team has refused to train ahead of their final match due to an altercation at the practice facility. What a disgrace from a talented squad? Anelka, Gourcuff, Ribery, Evra, Malouda, Diaby, Clichy & Lloris to name a few. Again, very talented on paper; however, they obviously are missing a leader to get them play together. I believe that without the leadership of Zidane in 2006, France would not have been in the final. I really think he was the de facto manager rather than Domenech.
It has been known for a while that Domenech is not a great manager, but French Football Federation decided to stick with him after a dismal qualification requiring a disputed playoff victory over Ireland and a bad EURO 2008. Then, a month or so prior to the World Cup the Federation decided to announce that the World Cup would be Domenech's last stint with Les Bleus and proceeded to name the up and coming Laurent Blanc as manager in waiting. I really think this completely made the already fragile French team completely crumble.
No comments:
Post a Comment